Indian Club Training, also known as mugda, mugdal, or mugdar, is a form of exercise that originated in India over 2000 years ago. This ancient form of training involves the use of Indian Clubs, large wooden clubs that are swung and rotated in various patterns to improve strength, coordination, and flexibility.
The Indian Club is believed to have been developed in ancient India as a tool for strengthening the arms, shoulders, and back of wrestlers and soldiers. The club was also used by traditional Indian wrestlers to build stamina and endurance.
Today, Indian Club Training is gaining popularity as a form of functional fitness training that combines strength training, cardio, and flexibility exercises.
Types of Indian Clubs
There are different types of Indian Clubs that can be used for training, each with its own unique features and benefits. Some of the most common types of Indian Clubs include:
- Karlakattai: The Karlakattai is a traditional Indian Club made of wood, typically weighing between 1kg to 5kg. It is the most common type of Indian Club used for training and is also known as the Mudgal or Mudgar.
- Clubbell: The Clubbell is a modern version of the Indian Club, made of steel and weighing between 2kg to 15kg. It is designed to be more durable than traditional Indian Clubs and is often used for more advanced training.
- Furibo: The Furibo is a Japanese version of the Indian Club, made of wood and often used in martial arts training. It is similar in size to the Karlakattai but has a different shape and design.
- Gada: The Gada is an Indian mace made of metal or stone and used for strength training. It is similar to the Indian Club but has a longer handle and a heavier head.
- Subirito: The Subirito is a Japanese training sword that is used in a similar way to the Indian Club. It is often used in martial arts training.
Benefits of Indian Club Training
Mini Hanuman Gada or Bulaava From The Great Indian WorkoutProduct on sale
Samtola From The Great Indian WorkoutProduct on sale₹5,000.00 – ₹8,000.00
Hanuman Gada From The Great Indian WorkoutProduct on sale₹4,500.00 – ₹6,800.00
Indian Club Training offers a range of benefits for people of all fitness levels, including:
- Improved strength: Indian Club Training helps to build strength in the upper body, including the arms, shoulders, and back.
- Increased flexibility: The swinging and rotating movements of Indian Club Training help to improve flexibility and range of motion in the joints.
- Improved coordination: The complex movements of Indian Club Training require coordination and balance, which can help to improve overall athletic performance.
- Cardiovascular benefits: Indian Club Training is a form of cardio exercise that can help to improve cardiovascular health and increase stamina.
Getting Started with Indian Club Training!
If you are interested in trying Indian Club Training, the first step is to find a gym or fitness center that offers this type of training. You can also purchase Indian Clubs online, with prices varying depending on the type and weight of the club.
When starting out with Indian Club Training, it is important to start with a lighter weight and focus on proper technique before progressing to heavier weights. A qualified trainer can help you to learn the correct form and technique to prevent injury and get the most out of your workouts. You can look at our collection of Indian Culb.
In conclusion, Indian Club Training is a unique and effective form of functional fitness that has been practiced for centuries. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete, Indian Club Training can help to improve strength, flexibility, coordination, and cardiovascular health. With a little practice and patience, you can master the art of Indian Club Training and take your fitness to the next level.
You can Shop a range of Indian Club and other traditional workout products from this link.